Sprinter problems

Hi there,
I am (and never was) a slim guy, in fact I’m pretty fat. The only part of my body that does not fall in this category are my legs. I am the sprinty type of rider and grow quite a bit of muscle when I train hard. The ironic thing is that this is where I struggle most in daily life. I almost can’t find trousers (or pants, whichever you like) that are not super tight at the calves. It seems they are all made for stickmen.
Has anybody else ran into that issue?

1 Like

@chris.rides.mtb all my life.

2 Likes

Wide cut jeans fit me like skinny jeans and skinny jeans are basically jeggings. The struggle is real my friend.

2 Likes

I’d say not a sprinters problem as I’ve never been a sprinter but my thighs have always been a problem.

Why is it that as an industry clothing manufactures seem to think if you have a 30" waist you must also require skinny fit trousers.

I’ve actually gone back up to around 32" as it makes getting trousers easier. Even then they are often tight on the thighs and I wouldn’t even say I’m big these days compared to my youth.

I tend to live outside of work in CragHoppers classic kiwi walking trousers as I’ve found these fit me so well. I’m often keeping an eye on their sales to grab a pair or two.

1 Like

@chris.rides.mtb to be more serious and helpful. I typically have trousers that are 5-7cm bigger in the waist than I need. I also live in shorts down to about -2C but I work at home and have British blood.

Ironically, when I tried buying trousers in Turkey, the fit is even more difficult than in Europe. Apparently, even incredibly fat men in Turkey have stick legs.

1 Like

Glad this is more than just me. Agree with @kevstorr on this. By no means am I a sprinter. But this is my hell too.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: glad it is more than only me

1 Like

Nice to hear that I’m not alone on this. Thinking about starting a “Why the f… does not even XXL fit me on Castelli” topic. :grin:

1 Like

Thats easy Castelli is an Italian company and there just can’t size clothing or shoes to the normal person lol

1 Like

Complicated explanation here Why Does Castelli Cycling Clothing Fit Small? – Saddleback Elite Performance Cycling
Interestingly, their gloves are prefectly normal sized.

2 Likes

I knew some of that as my mum used to work as a couture dressmaker in London and also for the BBC costume department in the late 60’s early to late 70’s. What’s also more interesting is that with woman the number of manufactures that size the clothes to give the impression your a small or medium rather than the true size of a large.

That’s something I heard at a clothing booth at the Eurobike expo a few yars ago. Maybe for men it would be a powermeter that overreads. :slight_smile:

1 Like