Insoles feedback

I saw on instagram one the pro cyclist putting Insoles for his cycle shoes!

Anyone here use them?

1 Like

I have used various different ones before. I can’t remember which one I ended up liking, but about I tried so many. It depends on why you need them, so I’d recommend it being part of a bike fit.

1 Like

I use the blue Bontrager insoles. It was one of a few modifications that a bike fitter recommended a couple of years ago along with a change in my cycling shoes. The combination of that along with a shorter crank length helped resolve the knee issues I was having. I don’t know that they’re necessary for everyone, but I think for me they helped correct some alignment issues so that my kneecaps would track correctly while pedaling.

1 Like

Agree with this and what @pav says - I think they can resolve an issue you are or might be having, but if you are good there’s no need for them.

1 Like

Well clear! Thanks all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I have two kinds, one set that are carbon shaped to my foot for track racing, super stiff, I would never wear them on the road.
And another set called sidis or something like that which I use on the road, they are a bit more flexible. . Both work fine for what they do, and both have been part of bike fitting the either the BC team or a fit I have done outside of BC.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Actually I think mine are called Sidis - something like that anyway!

I have started using some cycling specific insoles made by Upstep - took forever to arrive after I sent back the foam impression of my foot but they are well made. My knees don’t track that well and I have a slight leg length discrepancy so insoles and wedges have helped.

1 Like