Insoles feedback

I saw on instagram one the pro cyclist putting Insoles for his cycle shoes!

Anyone here use them?

1 Like

I have used various different ones before. I can’t remember which one I ended up liking, but about I tried so many. It depends on why you need them, so I’d recommend it being part of a bike fit.

1 Like

I use the blue Bontrager insoles. It was one of a few modifications that a bike fitter recommended a couple of years ago along with a change in my cycling shoes. The combination of that along with a shorter crank length helped resolve the knee issues I was having. I don’t know that they’re necessary for everyone, but I think for me they helped correct some alignment issues so that my kneecaps would track correctly while pedaling.

1 Like

Agree with this and what @pav says - I think they can resolve an issue you are or might be having, but if you are good there’s no need for them.

1 Like

Well clear! Thanks all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I have two kinds, one set that are carbon shaped to my foot for track racing, super stiff, I would never wear them on the road.
And another set called sidis or something like that which I use on the road, they are a bit more flexible. . Both work fine for what they do, and both have been part of bike fitting the either the BC team or a fit I have done outside of BC.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Actually I think mine are called Sidis - something like that anyway!

I have started using some cycling specific insoles made by Upstep - took forever to arrive after I sent back the foam impression of my foot but they are well made. My knees don’t track that well and I have a slight leg length discrepancy so insoles and wedges have helped.

1 Like

haha!!!

insoles…

at one time…my feet were a mess…

years ago, downhill skiing i had custom ski boot insoles made…you know…heat them up in the oven, form around the foot…early on the tech…skied those boots for years…worked ok…then started riding the bike again…off the shelf specialized shoes…unknowingly they were too tight…fit good when starting out, but 4 hrs later, in the heat crazy foot pain…“hot foot” was told it was friction on the bottom of my foot…kept riding those shoes…kept getting pain…more pain…crazy pain…changed shoes…still pain…after a year or so, to the point i cant walk or ride more than 20miles due to insane pain … i had custom foot beds made…that i would swap out between civilian shoes and cleats…helped…eh…not really…i think it was more of the cortisone shots on the bottom and between my toes…then the DR. cut me off of that … diagnosed with morton’s neuroma…where we removed 3" of nerve between two toes…but that and “elective” surgery and was months out with Kaiser…in the meantime i had a full custom cast/molded shoe made by Brad at Riivo … that was 5-6 years ago…between that and the surgery life is a beautiful thing.

this post is a self-sponsored, non-influencer, no kickback submission from an aging, greyed out, 59yr old man/boy … your mileage my very. :slight_smile:

terry

2 Likes

This is excellent. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I found my old bag of insoles during the move. I shall try to remember to post a pic in a bit. It’s a rabbit hole for sure!!

1 Like

@pav … “ye ole bag of in-soles”…has a nice ring to it! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This was a lot of trial and error - mainly the latter…

3 Likes

@pav !!!

coach!!! that is certainly a big ole bag soles man!!! wow!!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Wow! That looks like my saddle box!

2 Likes

I fear that my saddle box would be just as big if I hadn’t sold or donated mine!!

3 Likes

@pav …

“…a whole lotta butts have passed this way…” :sweat_smile::laughing::stuck_out_tongue::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Is that the adjustable G8s? Even those didn’t do the job?

2 Likes

It’s been a while! I suspect that there was more to it than the fitter thought. I ended up barely using any in the end!

1 Like