How is your year going so far?

Just wanted to see how everyone’s year/season is going so far?

Any events or goals smashed?

Looking for motivation :wink:

3 Likes

Doing ok. Always want more :rofl:

1 Like

Well managed nearly 30miles last weekend outdoors without any major hip pain. Which is a major plus for me.

Also clocked up nearly 59miles of running as well.

2 Likes

That’s great news Kevin. It’s good to hear of you being back on your bike.

2 Likes

Well done @kevstorr !

I have done a couple 200k audax’s. Nothing major, just enjoying this year

3 Likes

I did my 1st Century last April and training for the Cycle to the Sun race on Maui June 22nd. (It starts at Paia, sea level, and climbs 36 miles to the summit of Haleakala - 10,000 ft elevation).

3 Likes

Wowsers, nice work @Eldred and @foreverridingbikes . Good to also see you are doing well @kevstorr

1 Like

Nice work on that one :clap:

Great work @kevstorr , @Eldred , and @foreverridingbikes !!

I’ve not done a lot. 200k at the Chico Wildflower. Off the do Les Grandes Tour des Alps in a couple of weeks though.

3 Likes

Sounds fantastic Pav!

1 Like

yea nice work @pav !

1 Like

Congrats on that! Are you ready for CTS?

Thank you! Coach Pav has been has been coaching me for a couple of months and at times he’s worked me hard, and others reined me in, and I’ve learned so much. Yes - I think I’m as ready as I can be this year for the CTTS. My only concern is that for now they’re calling for really strong winds that day (hoping that will change!).

2 Likes

Super, Pav! You’ll do great!

1 Like

It is a season with highs and lows. My winter was pretty bad due to private reasons. Spring plans almost all rained away. Tried to set up a newsletter on my journey, but I was not really motivated to keep up with it.

Turning point was my 200 mile to the Eiffel from home somewhere in April, I remember. Physically very poor, harsh winds but a bulletproof mentality. A training ride with my race partner in the Ardennes was by far the best day in terms of physique. Liege Bastogne Liege on 27.5 km avg was not that bad. We went on to our race together. 1000 km through the Sauerland, and we won! Very proud on this occassional team (as we will not do it more often) and win.

The next plan was a race in the Dolomites. Weather for my latest ultrarace however was too bad for me. Rain, possible thunderstorms, snow and just 8 degrees whilst its summer in full swing now on the northern hemisphere.

It was a very last minute decision from my side, the race took place. My main issue was that it was too cold and unsafe for me, as I had a race plan in mind and I was not really in it to extend it to a long week with little distance everyday. Instead I have been riding home in three days. Physically relatively poor performance but mentally strong again.

Aside from the mental wins this year, Zwift has helped me to gain a much higher general cadence (went from low 80 to high 80).

Next up is the TransIberica again, and maybe a big race in October or bikepacking trip. For sure, I will participate in a race in Britanny (France) of 850 km end of October.

All adventures can be followed on IG: _superver

3 Likes

Sounds like you have had a rollercoaster!

Make many plans, expect many changes :wink:

2 Likes

I really like that moto!

1 Like