Fuelin (fuel.in ap)

Has anyone had any Experience with the ap Fuelin? It looks like it could be a useful nutritional/macronutrient timing/tracking application for myself, but am interested to know if anyone has experience with the platform and mite be able to offer feedback or tips etc. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

4 Likes

Interesting, no I’ve not seen that app. I’ve had a quick look but didn’t clearly see any firm data on just how it works.

Unless its got your planned training data and past ride data. It could then calculate a projected calorie requirement for a ride and day. However you could do the same by looking at your own ride data.

As for the macro split and timing, again testing different fuelling in training to me is key. I want to know how my body is on different food and understand what the impact is.

When I have more time I’ll have a further look however I am sure the red, amber, green flag getting applied to different foods types is something I have seen covered in a book and was first applied by someone I can’t remember his name right now at a football club to ensure the players were fuelling correctly pre game and also getting the right foods for recovery post game.

3 Likes

This is interesting. Following this discussion, but agree with what @kevstorr has said about it.

2 Likes

I was just looking at this the other day after reading a TrainingPeaks article. Ive not used it but id be really interested in it and its value - i guess its seeing if its going to take you beyond what you do and your current performance.

Do they do a free trial?

3 Likes

No there doesn’t look to be a free trial and prices start from a current reduce $29 per month or $349 per year for the basic offering.

2 Likes

It seems rather expensive to me. What I want to re-test in the near future is EatMyRide. What this guy did with it looked pretty good. Also not crazy expensive. I tried it when it came out but it was very beta back then and you had to know your food in Dutch.

There is also The Athlete’s Foodcoach but that is in early access and even more beta.

2 Likes

Thats was my thought not cheap but if you get a personalised daily plan then I guess it does seem to fall in line with hiring someone.

EatMYRide looks interesting so I will have a play with that also like that it works on a Garmin watch as well as head-unit.

2 Likes

That is a lot of money!!

2 Likes

Alright so no one has tried it. Well, I’ll be the Guinea pig. I Signed up - so let’s see how it goes. If it can assist in keeping my weight maintained (I have a tendency to flux when not tracking calories, which I have plenty of experience with), and keep my sessions and recovery well fueled it’d be a helpful stress reducer. It also seems to suggest when to eat as well - cool. I’ll throw some screen shots on this feed soon and report back as we go. I don’t often sign up to randoms like this, but I guess their marketing team got me lol. It does look interesting. Anyway, more soon.

2 Likes

Thanks @Ryno. I have the same weight fluctuations as you. Looking forward to hearing updates.

1 Like

It will defiantly be interesting to hear how you get on with it and more about just what it does and how it works.

1 Like

Following.
Hope this is worth the investment.

1 Like

I am using eatMyRide here … well, except for the Garmin integration.

3 Likes

Any early impressions?

2 Likes

It’s pretty interesting, but is taking some getting used to bc I’ve preferred to eat most of my calories in the afternoon/eve. This is generally recommending a significant portion of calories right around the workout, which has been an adjustment. Perhaps not a bad one. It recommends calories directly from the training Coach Pav puts into training peaks. I can choose the time of the workout, and it alters the plan with relation to the training and time of training that day. It breaks down each meal/snack recommendation by #s of macronutrients. You can input and track food/macros on the app itself, but it also connects directly to myfitnesspal, which is what I’ve been using. I like those features a lot. I’ll add a snapshot below of what the app showed me today up to my 70 min interval workout mid day. I want to give it a month or so before I suggest to anyone any benefits or detriments but so far it’s probably been good for me. Will report more in a few more weeks!

3 Likes

Very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Still having a positive experience?

1 Like

Absolutely. In fact, while it’s still early I think it’s fair to say that it’s had a positive and noticeable impact on training and energy levels. I’ve never focused consumption so heavily around training. It’s become clear I was under-fueling training and over consuming off the bike. As a result RPE during training has dropped, especially early in rides. And I do note more consistent energy levels throughout the day, and less tendency to snack and have food cravings later in the day. So far, real good! N

3 Likes

Wow! That sounds like a worthwhile investment.

1 Like

It’s been going very well!