Dream Route in UK

Hi!!

What’s your favorite route for cycling in UK?

3 Likes

Do you follow @Guystapleford or Matt Seward on Strava? They did a 200km at the weekend just gone and that contains some of the most amazing climbs in south UK. Even if you just pick some of the climbs from that, you will see a lot of the UK countryside.

2 Likes

I used to love riding along the south coast - not all of it is amazing, but for the most part it is really cool.

1 Like

2 routes in Yorkshire / North East.
Richmond to Kirby Stephen past the Tan Hill and then back through Hawes to Ripon then back to Richmond.
Richmond to Muker, up over the Stang into Teesdale, then over the top into Weardale then back through Woolsingham, Hamsterly Forest, Darlington and back to Richmond.

2 Likes

Thanks @uktester Jordan!! It was one hell of a ride. I like to have a purpose or a challenge when i plot a route - taking in the Greatest Cycling Climbs or even just riding to a beauty spot or something interesting always helps the motivation.

For me, @Spoow, current dreamroute is the North Coast 500 - not sure ill be challenging Mark B’s record any time soon though

3 Likes

Great shout on North Coast 500!!

1 Like

Super windy for me :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I like the Richmond route! i tried to plan it on ridewithgps but i couldn’t

2 Likes

No matter what you do, you will have fun! Just be smart and use common-sense with where you ride. If it feels unsafe, find an alternative.

3 Likes

Agreed on that. Sometimes asking local bike shop or other cyclists is wise.

I’m itching to find new rides. Feel like I’ve done all the major rides and routes round this way. I think I might sign up to a few audaxes a few miles out. I like seeing new places!

1 Like

Audaxes are great for that. I have found that doing sportives, I end up being too focused on the ride and not the location.