Anything left this year?

I had a great ride this month at MDD. Still feel like I could do more this year.

My question to you all, do you tend to add more events after your last A event of the year or do you just ride around for fun or do you stop riding for a bit?

Hi James what is the MDD?

@James can confirm this, but I think Maratona dles Dolomites?

1 Like

I am heading to the Dolomites later this year for a week. That is my focus right now

1 Like

Nothing more for me. Just enjoying the weather (when it’s nice)

I start thinking ahead to next year’s events, but try to keep a relaxed approach so I don’t get burned out. I keep training going, but throw in “just ride for fun, don’t look at the computer” rides too. (Like a happy dog off leash).

1 Like

This is a really good point.

just riding around enjoying the “summer”

I think it is dependant on just what the A goal event is and what it has or might take out of you.

For example in 2019 my A goal after riding my first imperial century in 2018 was to ride more 100+ mile rides in 2019. After a few changes in circumstances which resulted in me riding 4 back to back weekend centuries in May I then revised my goal to riding 12 100+ rides for 2019. Some of those were more relaxed others me pushing for a time.

For me I couldn’t just back off and float around without some structure training. I like to maintain my routine of training days. Now that could me a smash out on the MTB without a focused plan or just an easy social ride with the club but even then I might hit each climb hard, even loop back down and ride up again while others make their own pace up. For me thats all fun riding around enjoying the summer.

My main A goal is to maintain/improve my fitness but most importantly keep being able to get outdoors and ride or run. This year I’ve missed 3 A goals of running marathons due to not being 90% fit and not wanting to cause any damage which might result in time on the injury bench.

1 Like

This is a great perspective

2 Likes

Yes, Maratona dles Dolomies :slight_smile:

Sorry for the super slow response. Thanks for the notes

1 Like

welcome! Love our community

2 Likes

This is a good perspective on it.

2 Likes