An honest conversation

Hi All

When I started this forum, it was to give people connected with me a place outside of social media to connect, ask questions, and grow as athletes and as people.

While, at the time, this was motivation enough to justify significant investment in setting up and maintaining (both from a financial and time perspective), there was always going to be a point where I need to reassess this. Sadly, right now, it is very hard for me to continue to justify the cost of maintaining this forum.

I want to assure you all that no decision has been made at this point, but I also want to communication candidly with you all about this and see if there were any suggestions.

Thanks for your continued support and understanding with this.

Pav

This would suck, but I think we would all support you! Any ideas if you’d move to Facebook or somewhere like that which is free?

1 Like

I like reading posts here, but I think a lot of us have reached critical mass when it comes to app and forum engagements. I often hesitate to comment for fear or having to commit to a longer term interaction on the post which I will feel guilty about not continuing engagement. :slight_smile:
I feel like an invite only FB may give the same results for interaction, but I do understand that having an exclusive forum for coached athletes can be more more controllable.
Know that I am always lurking and enjoy reading posts on this forum if it does continue, but I also completely understand the cost and time commitment.

1 Like

I agree with what the others have said; and sometimes having several sites to check/respond/post on become a time sink. Always supporting you and whatever you decide to do going forward.

Thank you all and for those who reached out directly. I think we will migrate to a closed FB group, but I will communicate a decision soon.

@pav I think we will all support you in this. What about those not on facebook?

Pav

This has been a great forum. Would be sad to see it go but it’s probably a lot of work.
The biggest problem I have is I don’t see it often enough - and out of sight is out of mind. The fact that it’s taken so long to reply to this is simply because I haven’t seen it

Thanks everyone - I appreciate all the nice comments and messages I’ve received. I think an FB group might be the best way to go with this. I’ll keep you all informed of what’s going on :slight_smile: