Aero bars for 24 hour ride

I’m planning to do a 24-hour ride in September. Trying to maximize distance so am planning to get aero bars.

My local bike shop recommended these due to their adjustability.

Is anyone familiar with them? If so, thoughts?

Any other recommendations?

1 Like

Not this exact one, but an older version. If you are moding an existing bike, something like this is usually the best (perhaps only!) way

Thank you @JustInTime !

Aero bars purchased. Thanks @JustInTime !

1 Like

This sounds like a cool idea. how is your planning going?

Also interested! Still on for September?

Also hoping for an update! This is something that is v interesting to me :slight_smile:

Leaving us all hanging :joy: :sleepy:

Sorry, everyone, for the delay. It took some time for the bars to come in and then I got slammed at work (and was busy with the track racing season). I’m actually headed to the bike shop today to get the bars installed and to get fitted. Excited!

I’m definitely on for September. I’m targeting a 24-hour ride on 9/21-22. I just wrapped up my last track race of the season and am switching into long distance mode.

Will send you all an update after the fit… and will also start a separate thread for advice on the ride.

btw, thanks to everyone for the advice. I did get a look at the bars before the install… not sure what the “snakebite” technology really means… but I can say that the bars have a snake head design on them (very cool), and the carbon texture looks a bit like snake skin. Clearly, none of that really matters… but it is kind of fun : )

Now, that was fun. Got the fit done this afternoon. Can’t wait to get outside and do some rides. And, yes, p.s. track bike : )

Looks great. Thanks for the update

I’ve received some feedback on the position - to increase the distance between the base bars and the skis and to angle the skis up a bit - to make it more comfortable and aero. I have 6 weeks before my ride, so going to play with things a bit. If anyone has suggestions re: fit, please let me know. This is my first time on aero bars, so definitely interested to receive any guidance you might have

Can you post a bit of video to get a really idea?

Second what @Kicikacsa writes

Thanks for the update @CogInTheMachine . how is the training going?

Perfect, thank you for the update and wishing you the best for smashing this

Finally picked the bike with bars up from the local bike shop. Going to do my first test ride tomorrow.

1 Like