Who's your favourite pro?

Just wondering if everyone looks up to pro’s as much as I do? I find watching bike racing really inspirational. Who’s your favourite bike rider? For me, I’ll always be a fan of Chris Froome!!

2 Likes

2nd Froome. Alex Dowsett is a good friend of mine though, as well as some of the GCN presenters. Some really inspirational pro’s for sure!!

1 Like

There are certainly a lot of incredible guys out there. Lachain Morton is a pretty inspirational guy, how he mix’s his racing across road, gravel and MTB is impressive. He’s got a great attitude to riding bikes and it’s brilliant how EF allow him to ride all this stuff instead of just world tour.

Happy riding guys :muscle:t3:

5 Likes

Can’t believe it!! I completely forgot about you mate - we can probably include Mr B in this list too :star_struck: :star_struck:

1 Like

Not a pro, but we lost Mike Burrows this week and he was a really inspirational guy too :pray:

1 Like

My favourite pro is Magnus Cort. Always exciting to watch and super versatile. Last year in the Vuelta he was in the break the whole day and got caught meters before the line on that short ramp. The next day, he went again and won the stage. That mindset is what I find inspiring.

3 Likes

He was awesome in this year’s TdF too. Super aggressive in those opening stages, securing the polka dot for the 1st week and then also getting a stage win.

3 Likes

Great question!
I grew up watching the TdF in the Hinault Lemond era, so then it was these 2, Robert Miller (as was), Pedro Delgado, Stephen Roche.
Personally I think we’re very fortunate and the current batch of riders are some of the most talented, aggressive, exciting cyclists we’ve ever had the privilege to watch. The likes of Wout, MvdP, Alaphilippe, Remco, Pidcock, Pogacar.

I love watching MvdP and Wout’s display at the TdF was just incredible. I sort of root for Pidcock as he lives locally and his ride on the Alpe Duez stage was brilliant especially that descent, however many people (including one of my sons who raced against him) say that there’s much less of the ‘Pid’ than the 2nd syllable of his name if you get what I mean!

Love Alex Dowsett’s YouTube channel and Victor Campenaerts

3 Likes

Never really thought about it. Lemond defiantly, Dave Baker, Adrian Timmis ( also local to me and my bike fitter), Obree and Boardman. Martyn Ashton and Chris Opie both due to how they have handle life blows.

2 Likes

Some great names mentioned here! Agree with being a fan of Alex Dowsett’s YouTube channel. Was always a Wiggo fan too though!!

3 Likes

Pantani.

[I could write lengthy paragraphs, but he is the reason I bike]

3 Likes

Pantani is good, proper legend!!

2 Likes

Forgot Obree; I have so much admiration, respect and empathy for him. I absolutely love his book ‘The Flying Scotsman’. Illustrates how a lot of elite athletes have ‘extreme minds’ (as Alastair Campbell described it in his superb book Winners’). He attempted the hour record, didn’t manage it. Went back to his hotel but was so full of self hatred that he went back the next day, had another go and succeeded.

1 Like