What's your favourite pro race/tour?

Just curious as to what everyone’s favourite pro race or tour is and why?

Mine is the Giro because it’s the first big tour of the year and has some of the most epic climbs - having ridden a lot of them, I enjoy watching the pros smash it!!

2 Likes

If I could only watch one cycling event per year, it would be the Tour de France without a doubt. I know some cycling snobs like to point out that there are other races out there and I do watch them if I get a chance. But the Tour really is the “big show” for the World Tour cycling teams and it’s where everyone brings their A game.

Outside of the TDF, I really enjoyed watching the Amgen Tour of California and I really hope they are able to bring it back some day. Partly it’s bias because I live in California and enjoyed going to catch a live stage if I can (in 2013 the start of Stage 2 was less than 2 miles from home!) and it’s fun to see pro cyclists riding on roads that I’ve been on myself. But the TOC also attracted a lot of the best in the world prepping for the TDF and just looking for an opportunity to spend some time in California.

2 Likes

For me it’s Strade Binache I guess. I’m coming from the MTB side and this is the ideal crossover to watch. Also the cobbled classics.

3 Likes

I am with you there @chris.rides.mtb.

2 Likes

Another Strade Bianchi and Flanders cobbles fan here. I do enjoy the TdeF but that’s mainly from a tourist point of view as I know France quite well but have t got there for the last few years for obvious reasons!

3 Likes

Agree with you here Jen. TdF and Amgen!! I loved Stage One in Sac while I lived there and got to hang out with all the teams the day before. Really cool event and has some epic climbs. Fingers crossed they bring that back!!

2 Likes

Giro - I mean don’t get me wrong if there’s cycling on I’m watching if I can - but Giro is far and away my fave.

3 Likes