What to focus on when it gets tough?

:smile: this is quality. Thank you for sharing.

I’m not an audax rider. Do you mind explaining the medal thing? They are all £2.80?

Hi Troy

Audax UK has distance medals or woven badges that cost around £2.80. You can buy them if your ride has been validated to be within the designated time limit.

https://audaxmedals.southportcc.co.uk/?product=2022-br-600-km-hard-enamel-medal

Other countries have different medals, so if you like medals you can spend a lifetime travelling the world collecting different distances and styles.

The medals though are about deeper motivators for me, gratitude for my body being able to do the distances, the vast amounts of learning from each ride, the sheer joy of riding through the night and the sights that brings. The medals are a simple way to engage those and other values when the suck hits. Mike

the deletion repeated what I’d already written

It’s a nice system. Quite old school, but more nostalgic than obsolete.

This is awesome Mike! Thanks for adding it :slight_smile:

Yep Beth, you’re spot on, Audax’s are very old school.

Because it is voluntary and not profit making events are ridiculously good value, between £8.00 and £20.00 to enter 200’s to 400/600’s with food at the start and end for the entry fee.

I have found it very collegiate in nature. I guess those who stay in the Audax world buy into the old school values that underpin it.

1 Like