What is the best rookie (newbie) ultra event?

I’m just dipping my toe into the water of ultra events! I’ve done some audax’s (400km the longest) and done camps in Mallorca. While I’m not naive enough to think I’m ready for a HUGE ultra, I thought I’d ask for some help on suitable events for me. Maybe someone will have a suggestion based on events they have done? Thanks!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: About the Test Events category

Apologies for locking your question! Unlocked now. Keen to follow this topic too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you thinking multi-day event or just a really long single day? The long version of BWR or even Dirty Kansa are big! Not sure if that’s what you mean though - apologies if not!

1 Like

I have done Everesting! Not sure if this is something you were thinking about, but it is a real long day (depending on your climbing ability, weight, and the hill you pick!). You could also take on Pav’s nutty Seven Summits :wink:

1 Like

LEJOG maybe? What about something organised like a 3-day Haute Route event?

1 Like

I am thinking more along the lines of multi-day. Definitely not Seven Summits, but thanks for the suggestion!! Haute Route sounds interesting, I will check that out. Thanks!!

3 Likes

I’ve recently done the Raid Dolomites organised by Marmot tours. 9 days from Geneva to Trieste on the Adriatic. 1300km and 21000m of climbing. Fantastic route / ride, incredible scenery and very well supported. Not a race like the Haute Route events. Think this is the hardest route that Marmot do, so there are other options if you’re fancying something a little ‘easier’.

4 Likes

Thank sounds really interesting, thank you!!

2 Likes

Paris Brest Paris - epic, awesome, inspiring, horrid, the pits, the best, the worst, the camaraderie, the hospitality, sleep on the bike, sleep on the side of the road. It has it all.

3 Likes

Will definitely check that out! Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

PBP looks epic!! I’ll be checking that out. Thank you @Mikep

2 Likes