What is Santa bringing you for Christmas?

Hello!

Curious as to whether any of you know if you are getting a bike related gift for Christmas and, if so, what that is? I’ve been dropping hints to my wife for a while now, but I’m not sure I’ll be getting that new bike…

3 Likes

OpenRun by Shokz! Earphones that block the ear canal in any way are illegal where I live. Bone conduction is legal.

Santa came early too. They’re great for biking, but just okay for anything else. The sound quality is clearly not up to par with other options, but with wind noise that doesn’t matter on the bike. In my experience, it’s fine for listening on climbs and <20 mph on the flats. Nothing can handle wind noise descending. And you have to stop moving to have a phone conversation. But I haven’t seen anything do better than that.

I also tested the OpenRun Pro- significantly worse sound in my opinion, even though it’s supposedly “better” according to ads.

Just be careful shopping from Europe with the cheap shipping options. I’m still waiting on my winter kit that I ordered on Black Friday, likely to be another week.

4 Likes

Funny thing … ordered a pair of new shoes for the collection. Wife sees the box on the front porch, grabs it, and says “oh, now I got a good christmas present for you”.

4 Likes

Second for a new pair of cycling shoes!

3 Likes

Hoping for some nice new Di2…

2 Likes

I’ve been my own Santa for most of my adult life. “Santa” brought me a new gravel bike (Specialized Diverge) along with my modifications to the crankset, power meter, shoes, and pedals. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@letsplaybikes It’s such a beautiful thing that you are so at one with your santa!

1 Like

I got my great bike lights from the post about lights. Haven’t figured out the mode control yet though
I also got some decent winter gloves that should deal with wet and cold down below -5C.
I got an old steel frame too to try some stuff, but Santa thought it prudent not to put that under the tree, rather straight in the bike room.

1 Like

Hope Santa remembered to bring these awesome gifts :wink:

Santa was very good to me. my gloves are awesome - no cold hands and just the right amount of padding. Lights are fantastic too. I can see at night and I am not worried that the battery will go on me. Steel frame will have to wait as I don’t have time to get it out of the box.

2 Likes

Mind me asking what lights you got? I’m in need of some new ones.

1 Like