Puncture resistant tyres?

love this topic … when it inevitably morph into “tubeless vs clincher” and more divisive than abortion and guns…but more fun to argue about because…its about bike man!!

for years ive run butyl tubes (clincher), then stans tasty white juice (tubless), ect…with varying degrees of unacceptabilies…

during the first months of the Great Pandemic…bored, going out of my mind, i went down the wabbit hole of tube, tubeless, tire rolling resistance, waxed chains, marginal gains, ect…tried tubeless GP5000 for the dec 2020 costa rica trip, lots of gravel and late season monsoons…hated Stans white mess on my hands…off you go…back to butyl tubes when i returned from that trip…then i really dug a hole in my head with the genius of Josh at Silca…lots of mindnumbing info on his youtube channel…hey…he had time on his hands during the Great Pandemic as well…

here is some to get you going…

currently loving Silca latex tubes and vittoria corsa tires … fast, smooth, simple.

i like simple (tubes, rim brakes)

this post is a self-sponsored, non-influencer, no kickback submission from an aging, greyed out, 59yr old man/boy … your mileage my very. :slight_smile:

terry

3 Likes

Great advice - thank you!!

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this. Great video.

3 Likes

Yes, thank you Terry!

1 Like