Glasses Steaming Up

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone has an amazing solutions to stop glasses steaming up when I’m wearing a buff.

Unfortunately, contact lenses aren’t an option as I’ve got damage from them in the past.

Thanks, Sarah

2 Likes

Hi Sarah,
I can’t offer an amazing solution that works under all conditions but rubbing the glasses with a drop of washing up liquid helps at least a bit. Don’t wash it away with water, just put a drop on it and rub it with a paper towel.
Hope that helps a bit.
Regards,
Christian

3 Likes

2nd to this. Not a perfect solution, but that seems to work best.

I also pull my buff down a little when I’m stopping. I don’t get too much streaming up when actually riding, just slow or stopped.

3 Likes

Thanks Christian. I’ll give it a try.

2 Likes

Hi Beth, thanks for the tips. I’ll give it a try next weekend. It would be good to see where I’m going!!

2 Likes

Cheap is trying a drop of washing up liquid not that I’ve always found this to help me.

I’ve used Muc-Off anti fog which is better I also use ZEISS Cleaning Spray before to ensure they are fully clean and grease free before I apply anti fog.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ZEISS-Lens-Cleaning-Spray-2x120ml/dp/B07339STBJ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=J0Y064S0X1SW&keywords=anti+fog+spray+for+glasses&qid=1670845104&refinements=p_72%3A184323031&rnid=184305031&s=sports&sprefix=anti+fog%2Csports%2C293&sr=1-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Fog tech wipes have been recommend to me but I’ve as yet to try them. They are said to both clean and treat your lenses at the same time.

3 Likes

Hi, thank you. A few good things to try.

3 Likes

Sone great advice here, I will certainly be trying this out.

3 Likes

Hi @SarahL - did anything work for you?

1 Like

Kind of the same here. Got 2 tricks. On a climb put the glasses into the helmet. You are not going fast, so the extra heat and sweat is annoying anyway. The second one is to simply keep you nose out of the buff. Looks like that either make the hot breath go a slightly different route that does not fog up the glasses, or I simply exhale more throu the nose …

1 Like

Hi @Beth, i haven’t got back outside again as we had a lot of very icy weather and lethal roads, and then I had a stomach bug. I’ve got some of the Muc-Off anti fog stuff to try though so I’ll report back over the next few days or so.

2 Likes

Hi @miffedoldpizza, unfortunately I need to keep my glasses on to see where I’m going. My distance vision is rubbish without them! I think you’re right about keeping my nose out of the buff though and maybe change my breathing a bit. I’ve still been a bit wheezy after having Covid in September and breathing in the very cold air didn’t help!

1 Like

@SarahL I am with you on the bad vision. For downhill I would kill myself without glasses on, I got zero depth preception without them. But especially on climbs one seems to sweat a lot more, and there the speed is lower. To be honest I only tried this that season, in summer, where dripping sweat was the main issue, and it worked so well, that it’s now part of the routine.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you were unwell - I hope you are feeling better. Did you have any luck with the spray?

1 Like

Feeling much better thank you. The spray does make a difference, although it doesn’t solve the issue entirely. Fortunately it’s been much milder so I haven’t needed to wrap myself up quite as much lately!

2 Likes

As long as I’m moving there’s no fog but as soon as i stop they fog up…I gotta pull the buff off otherwise they’ll fog up

3 Likes

Very good point Terry!

1 Like