First cycle event!

Hello!

I never attend to any cycle events! I’m new into cycle world , and i would love to join events for beginner cyclist ofc not Maratona lol!

something in Europe during the summer!

any suggestion please :wink:

3 Likes

The Maratona does have a short course which, while still challenging, is a great experience. Not sure on others, but I presume they will all have various different levels of distance and elevation to allow the maximum amount of riders :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So many to chose from. When I started I did local sportives to get my bearings. I had a lot of fun and my ambitions grew. If you check out the spring classics (all of the one day races like Tour of Flanders) they all have sportive events with different course lengths and are great experiences.

2 Likes

Agree with @Kicikacsa. My first thought was the spring classics are good as they have shorter versions and there’s loads to choose from - flatter ones and so on, but always a great experience to watch the pros ride too. Just not summer (obviously!) that you ask for @Spoow.

1 Like

I usually use check www.granfondoguide.com - it is a pretty good search engine for events!!

1 Like

Agree with @uktester here - that is a solid guide :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel like the Maratona might be sold out now, not sure though.

2 Likes

Just checked with my buddy and he says it is - you might get a charity team place, but I presume there’ll be a minimum amount you have to raise.

2 Likes