After Everesting!

Hello and thank you for having me in this forum!

I recently completed another Everest challenge and I’m looking for what to do next. I love the self-supported challenges that really push me. I saw Pav had done Seven Summits, but that seems nuts!! Maybe people have suggestions based on what they’ve done or their goals?

2 Likes

Hello and thank you for being with us!! Congrats on the Everesting, not easy to do!!

Looking forward to both seeing what other people suggest here.

2 Likes

Following! Keen to see what others have done!

2 Likes

Go for the DOUBLE! I’ve also considered biking across a few states or participating in RAW/RAAM.

3 Likes

Yes!! Everest Roam or whatever the other version is called too!!

2 Likes

As a serial everester in the past -

• The roam is a cool challenge but pretty impractical in the Uk - our hills are just too steep and to get 400km with 8848m climbing is tough - you need those lovely gradual climbs that the mainland offers I think -
    If anyone has done a roam in the Uk I’d love to see your route!
2 Likes

and should have said - congrats. Hope you submitted to hells 500!

2 Likes

What is Hells 500???

1 Like

Doing anymore Everesting Ewan?

Hells 500 is the community of people who actually invented Everesting. They are the keepers of Everesting records. You can submit your ride to them for accreditation and get your name on the Everesting wall of fame.
They have a really helpful FB group too

As for me - there’s one Everesting that’s got away from me - attempted twice but unsuccessful both times. - the Tumble - I’ve 10k’d the side from the pit but fell four reps short of the other side with the hairpin.

I might do that.

Got a dragon to slay first. :dragon:

2 Likes

What stopped you with four reps to go? Hope you don’t mind me asking

I just didn’t have anymore in me. There’s a particularly steep section just after the cattle grid - about 400mtrs at 14% - my legs just didn’t have it - a slightly bigger gear and I’d probably made it!

As they say in Everesting hell - go again!

1 Like

Ouch. Well done getting that much done though. Beating most people.

Still a great effort mate :slight_smile:

Pacific Island Drive was a bit like that. My knees started giving out. Issue is finding the right hill though. I’ve been looking for something around here and it’s not steep enough. Might have to spend a week down south if I do Seven Summits again…