2023 goals and targets

Looking for inspiration :pray:

What will your main goal be for next season?

2 Likes

Looking forward to some inspiration too! Might even get me back on the bike :wink:

1 Like

I’m looking at multiway tour events. Was considering something like London to Paris, but could easily do a 3-day Haute Route style event too - not 100% yet though.

5 Likes

I’m going to ride the Golden Circle Route: Skagway, AK to Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, (109 miles) Whitehorse to Haines Junction, Yukon Territory (97 miles), then Haines Junction to Haines AK (148 miles) in three days at the end of June. The last day is the Kluane-Chilkat International Bike Relay, a supported relay race for solo, 1, 2, 4, or 8 person teams (I’ll be riding it solo).

Later in the summer, this: Annual Event — Tour Da Yoop, Eh ( 10 days/1200 miles, supported.)

I’m confident Coach Pav will get me whipped into shape over the winter. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

To actually race, and not just talk about it.

8 Likes

@Mick I could probably say the same, or at least modify it to “actually finish a race”.

But seriously, I do have a big goal for next summer that is still too tentative to mention. Otherwise, I’d like to see myself return to my previous form for 24 hour time trialing by October/November for the World TT Championships in Borrego Springs.

5 Likes

I would love to ride the World TT’s. I will follow your progress with interest.

5 Likes

After 18 months of injuries, I am not looking too far into the future. Hopefully an Everest Base Camp before Christmas and a full Everest in March. Then we’ll see. Lots and lots of ideas but I don’t trust my body yet.

5 Likes

This sounds amazing!!

I’m just getting my consistency back. Looking forward to seeing where I can go this winter and then enjoying riding again next year.

5 Likes

@Kicikacsa 24 hour worlds should definitely be on every ultracyclist’s bucket list. It draws some of the best ultracyclists in the world and is always very competitive. The course is a bit more challenging than it looks on paper, especially if the wind decides to show up and play a part. I’ve done the 24 hour solo the last four times they’ve held it and switched to a two-person relay this year to do something a little different. The event is basically right in my backyard, so it’s an easy one for me to go out and do every year. My best year in 2018 I ticked off 456 miles, but I haven’t been anywhere near that kind of form in almost two years now.

I’ve also pulled off two Everests on the road and a virtual Everest and would kind of like to get another one of those done since it’s been awhile. Let me know if you’d like any tips on planning and picking a good segment.

6 Likes

My goals are pretty simple. Find a ride or two that will bring me joy, and aim to be at my fittest by the start. :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you all so much!! I am certainly inspired by some of the impressive goals you all have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love this! I am very similar. I really like the sound of @rainrider’s ride too - wow!!

2 Likes

I’m struggling here at the moment with setting goals and target for them to be achievable but not knowing how my hip joint is going to be.

At last got a face to face with a NHS physio next week so hopefully things will start to move forward and improve.

Mean while my goal is to rebuild and become stronger and more resilient. To stay active and mobile and I’ve even started thinking that perhaps an e-bike might have to be on the cards if I remain unable to put a lot of power down without causing me a lot of pain.

Mean while I am thinking I will look at some 10k running events to give me some targets and focus.

3 Likes

So already got a few plans in place for 2023.

Some unfinished from this year as I had to pull out of my ride to Amsterdam thanks to Covid. So planning to redo that and actually get there in the spring!

Then the Dragon Ride, Dunwich Dynamo and a 3 day, 300+ mile charity ride around Brugge in September.

2 Likes

Officially on the roster for 2-person mixed Race Across America in June 2023!!! Wanted to hold off on talking about it until we registered, but my teammate Chris Davies and I are excited to get the ball rolling on this!

7 Likes

Nice one!! Congrats and let’s get cracking :wink:

2 Likes

ParisBrestParis in August. 1200k in 90 hours. A bygone else?

7 Likes

Epic event!! Certainly something I’m in admiration of :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So just set my first challenge of 2023 :slight_smile:

100-500 Mile Winter Challenge Dec21st - Mar20th How far can you travel around Lake Ontario virtually. Running or walking.

4 Likes